Weekly Playlist

Churches - Lies
I read about this band somewhere over the last week and instantly knew I had to give them a listen. Female fronted, shrill synths and hailing from Glasgow the three piece have had a term coined in their honour 'Neon Gold pop' to describe their sound.
For fans of: Angry Vs The Bear, Zola Jesus, Marina & The Diamonds and Ellie Goulding.
 
 
Melody's Echo Chamber - I Follow You
I stumbled across this artist when listening to other music and fell in love straight away. French vocalist Melody Prochet has a floaty tone to her voice, perfect for the beach on summer days or winter nights curled up by the fire.
For fans of: Florence and The Machine, Tame Impala and Lush.


 
 
Matt Corby - Brother
I heard this on XFM a few mornings ago and just paused to listen - it was beautiful. This track was penned by Australian Matt Corby when he was going through a difficult time, and I was struck by the rawness of emotion in the lyrics.
For fans of: Jeff Buckley, Last Dinosaurs, Ball Park Music and San Cisco.
 

 
 
The Velvet Underground - Heroin
My friend Cameron introduced me to this band last week and I have gradually fallen for their charm. Heroin is a standout track, personally, the slow start, the increasing tempo which returns to a smooth and slow finish ticks all of the right boxes for me. It's just really great.
For fans of: The Kinks, Lou Reed, The Byrds, Nick Drake, Iggy Pop, Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan and Chuck Berry.
 
 
 
Sissy & The Blisters - Killing Time
This track was featured at the start of last week's Made In Chelsea episode, and it was one of those songs which makes you think "I need to know who wrote that." So I did a bit of research and eventually found who it was by and I have had it on repeat ever since.
For fans of: The Vaccines, This Many Boyfriends, Gross Magic, DZ Deathrays and Fair Ohs.
 

 
 

 
 


 



2 comments:

  1. I adore the Velvet Underground I picked up their greatest hits for like £3 in a market once and its one of my standout albums, I really want to get some more of their stuff. Femme Fatale is a personal favourite you should have a look at if you haven't already
    http://www.bandasaur.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that was a bargain! I'll be sure to check that out.

      Delete