Weekly Playlist

Willy Moon - Yeah Yeah
This song seems to be everywhere at the moment and there's a reason why - it's awesome! You may have noticed this track is being used on the current Apple advert, I heard it there first and it sub-consciously sank in. However it wasn't until XFM played it earlier in the week that it was brought to my attention again.
For fans of: Spector, Jack White, Charli XCX, 2:54, Alice Gold.

 
 
Temples - Shelter Song
I discovered Temples via Guardian Music's 'New band of the day' and fell in love with their psychedelic sounds instantly. Reviving a lost trend is what this band do best. Give them a listen; you won't regret it.
For fans of: The Beatles, The Coral, The Byrds, Tame Impala, Melody's Echo Chamber.
 
 
 
San Cisco - Golden Revolver



The Aussie quartet bring back a sense of the 90's with their video to their track 'Golden Revolver', but after being newly signed to a major British record company and receiving impressive column inches in NME, San Cisco are delivering bright and bubbly indie direct to your speakers.
For fans of: Bombay Bicycle Club, Foals, Friendly Fires, The Drums, The Maccabees, Metronomy.


Mystery Jets - You Had Me At Hello
Mystery Jets are a band who have been around for a while, and have achieved success in their musical endeavours. Lately I've been listening to their current album Radlands quite a bit. The second track 'You Had Me At Hello' is like a soothing lullaby with some cracking lyrics too "I want you to love me as if you got no principles."
For fans of: The Libertines, The Kooks, The Maccabees, Syd Barrett, The Smiths, The Cribs, Arcade Fire.


Eugene McGuinness - Sugarplum
I can't pinpoint what it is about this track that I love so much, but it ticks all of the right boxes for me and is my favourite from Eugene's latest album The Invitation To The Voyage. I was introduced to this album earlier in the year and I listened to it religiously over the summer after it's release, however I went off it for a bit (due to overplaying the album so much) but I gave it another listen in the week and it's back on repeat.
For fans of: The Beatles, Miles Kane, Howler, We Are Augustines, Field Music, Django Django.


What do you think of my playlist this week? Have you heard any of the tracks? Are one of your favourite bands/solo artists mentioned above? Comment below.

0 comments: