Weekly Playlist

The Smiths - Sheila Take A Bow
I've loved The Smiths for as long as I can remember but if you can choose your favourite of their songs, well then you're stronger person than me. If I was to compile my top five, Sheila Take A Bow would definitely be up there. It's from the album Louder Than Bombs which is my second favourite Smiths record (closely behind Hatful Of Hollow).
For fans of: Morrissey, The Cure, The Stone Roses, David Bowie, Joy Division, R.E.M and The Kinks.


White Lies - To Lose My Life
To Lose My Life is one of those songs that you hear randomly but don't know the artist, and it bugs you until you find out. XFM played this last week and instantly I looked on their playlist and found it. You have no idea how happy I was.
For fans of: Editors, Kasabian, The Big Pink, The Vaccines, Razorlight and Kaiser Chiefs.

 
Port Isla - Sinking Ship
I interviewed this band last week and have had their current single on repeat ever since. Personally, I find this song perfect to relax to even though it is fairly lively and upbeat. The video is pretty cool too as it is all in black and white and has a homemade feel to it.
For fans of: Jack White, Mumford & Sons and The Lumineers.


Peace - Wraith
Peace, Birmingham's hottest new band have recently unveiled their latest single 'Wraith' which is due for release on 13/01/13. I will be downloading it the minute it's available as I love Peace and this song.
For fans of: Foals, Two Door Cinema Club, Foster the People and Bombay Bicycle Club.


Ben Howard - Oats In The Water
Oats In The Water comes from Ben Howard's latest release The Burgh Island EP. It has four songs featured, but this is undoubtedly the best song on there. This signals a new direction for the artists, although there are key elements from his debut album Every Kingdom, which you can hear clearly still.
For fans of: Benjamin Francis Leftwich, James Vincent McMorrow, Laura Marling, Lucy Rose and Noah And The Whale.


The Cribs - Men's Needs
Released in 2007, this is an oldie yet it sounds like a song released just yesterday. I became a fan of The Cribs over the summer and have had their albums on repeat. If you are new to The Cribs then listen to this song first and you will be hooked.
For fans of: The Libertines, Maximo Park, The Jam, Sonic Youth, Modest Mouse, The Strokes and Howler.

 
 
Have you listened to any of these artists/songs before? Who is your favourite and why? What should I listen to next? Comment below.





0 comments: